Friday 14 November 2008

a learning process shared(second life a brave new world)

After my first week I managed to lose my face-I don't know how or why-and then spent my time skulking in the shadows because I didn't know how to repair the horrendous visage I was inflicting on others. It taught me that SL is a place where image and looks are valued above all else; it is Huxley's Brave New World pixillated. A valuable learning experience for me I had never come across rejection based upon my looks before; when I explained the situation to an african friend of mine he smiled and said 'welcome to my world'.

3 comments:

Margarita Pérez-García said...

Hi there, I feel the same when going out with my avatar: a 1,50cm oversized. No one wants to speak to her. Too fat I guess!

Steven Warburton said...

A short but powerful comment. And yes, SL is a space where image appears to count, at time a lot. This is what happens I think when you are in an environment that offers so much choice ... in terms of body modification and adornment. Not making choices is not an option and we, in the form of our virtual selves are judged on these.

Unknown said...

All state exam results are available on the below site . Click here and get the result.
AP Second Inter Exam Result
AP Inter First Year Result
HPBOSE HSC Results
Odisha HSC result